Sunday, November 9, 2008

Cooking Lessons for Mom




Today started like any other Sunday. The boys breaking various " Sabbath Day" rules. One boy in particular was not so nice to his mother before church....and after. His mouth was bigger than he was able to reign in. So mom decided she'd had enough. I had already grounded him from living so what else could I do....Hmmm? I know! He is snack boy tomorrow for early morning choir....hmmm. So I told him I was done, make your own snacks. I am not helping you at all.


That was that, he stormed off to his room then fell asleep in anger. When he awoke his attitude had changed but I held to my word.


I laid in my room listening as he opened drawer after drawer, clanking, mixing, stirring....What is he doing I wondered....I dared not come out of my room. The only thing he came in and asked me was "what is cream of tartar"? I told him where it could be found and two hours later this is what he presented me with. I was very impressed although somehow I think my plan had backfired. My quest to teach that boy just how valuable his mother is did not work but there were still some valuable lessons to be learned for both of us.


1 comment:

Kami said...

I hate it when those "teaching" moments backfire! Well done on staying true to your word, and well done to Yoda for kicking it into high gear. You are really quite the remarkable family!

BYU Vocal Point

BYU Vocal Point
August 2008

Summit Champs 2008

Summit Champs 2008
My Big Boys

Wisconsin fun in the sun.

Wisconsin fun in the sun.
Door County

Moab

Moab
July 2008

First Day of School

First Day of School
Yoda, Noway and Castro 2008

We take our wars seriously!

We take our wars seriously!

Castro is the sniper who hides out in the deer stand.

Castro is the sniper who hides out in the deer stand.

This quote is for the ladies out there...FIND YOUR VOICE!

Webfetti.com